How to book the hall
- First you need to consider what kind of event you are planning. Some people want to book the
Hall for single sessions - some want to hire it for big events, such as lavish weddings.
- For the large scale events, which can involve lengthy occupation, erection and dismantling of
large marquees etc., we have a three day block booking which runs from 9am Friday to 11.15pm Sunday
- If you are intending to use a Marquee company you must obtain permission from the Village Hall
Committee in advance.
- For the less elaborate bookings hire is charged by the session – these are from 9 am – 5pm, and
5pm – 11.15 pm
- To book the hall you first need to let us know when you plan to hold the event – send us a
message to email@example.com – to see if it is available when you require. Please use
this address if you have any queries at all – we are glad to help.
- Next you will need to download the form on this website and send it with a deposit cheque to
Village Hall Bookings, 16, Wytham Village, Oxford, OX2 8QA. Please make cheques payable to
Wytham Village Hall. For BACS please refer to the committe for bank details.
- The deposit cheque will be cashed on receipt but will be returned to you after your event if no
damage to the Hall is found after inspection.
- For large scale 3 day events the deposit is £300. For smaller events it is £100.
- Hiring Fees per session are as follows:
- Monday – Thursday: business rate: £100 per session (£110 by 2016); social rate £75 per session
- Friday - Sunday: business rate: £100 per session (£110 by 2016); social rate - day session £75 - evening
- For the large events the 3 day hire is £700 for the weekend (£750 by 2016). This is from 9am Friday, until
- Please note that the fees are reviewed each year. Bookings made in advance for subsequent years
will be subject to any increases that are implemented. These will only go up incrementally – no
- Fees will increase as of 1/1/2016 to £750 for 3 day hire; £110 business session
- The hire fee is payable six weeks before the date of the booking
- Please make all cheques payable to ‘Wytham Village Hall’, and for BACS please refer to the committe for bank details.